Production Assistant & Apprentice Roaster
Love coffee? Perfect! No experience with coffee? Not a problem. We’re happy to train the right candidate. While a strong palate and familiarity with specialty coffee are helpful, if you’re a logistics-minded individual who thrives in a small-team, community-oriented environment, we’d love to hear from you!
The Production Assistant and Apprentice Roaster is responsible for assisting with the smooth operation of key production and distribution functions. In addition to carrying out daily production tasks, this requires an eye toward continuous improvement of operations, assisting senior managers in identifying opportunities for improving production efficiency and safety. As is true for all employees, the Production Assistant is responsible for promoting Brio’s brand and product whenever the opportunity presents itself, representing the product and the company in the best possible light. As time allows, this role may also involve supporting special projects in areas of interest and/or experience.
A Month in the Life of....
- Receives and organizes green coffee and supply inventory
- Takes monthly inventory of green coffee and production supplies
- Organizes the production area to maximize efficiency and workflow
- Prepares and fills bulk and retail coffee bags
- Packs and ships online and wholesale orders
- Drives our Brio mobile to delivers fresh coffee to all of our awesome wholesale partners
- Stages and participates in regular cuppings (tastings) and quality control activities
- Prepares coffees and sample roasts
- Assists with preparation and operation of Brio-sponsored events and trainings
- Cleans and maintains the production and distribution area and equipment
The Production Assistant & Apprentice Roaster will work closely under the supervision of the Production Manager and the Director of Coffee. After demonstrating aptitude in the various production areas and skills, a Roasting Apprenticeship may be started.
- Participates in collaborations, events, and community building efforts within the Burlington community
- Participates in creating an inclusive environment where all feel welcome and engaged with the community we serve with kindness, professionalism, and grace
We'd love to hear from people that....
- Are good with people and who like working in a team environment but can also work independently
- Have a positive attitude, motivation to learn, and exceptional communication and listening skills
- Have the ability to be on their feet for extended periods of time
- Have an eye for detail, being able to think quickly, solve problems, and spot inefficiencies
- Are able to lift up to 50lbs unassisted and up to 75lbs assisted
- Are comfortable working with heavy equipment
- Are proficient in using the computer and common programs (Excel, Google Docs, etc)
- Have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Love coffee!
- If you have any production-type experience, that is awesome too!
Position Type and Compensation
Type: Full-time or part-time
Schedule: Monday - Friday; typical schedule is 8am - 5pm.
Location: Burlington, VT
Benefits: Health insurance benefits/allowance, paid time off, potential for profit sharing bonuses, coffee and employee equipment discounts, company supported professional development.
Ready to Apply?
Submit your application through Indeed via this LINK. Brio celebrates the diversity of the human experience and we value a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strongly encourage women, BIPOC, LGBTQIA individuals, and foreign-born residents to apply.
Thank you, we look forward to learning more about you!
back to main Jobs page