- Are you an outgoing conversationalist that becomes energized by social interaction?
- Do you have a passion for local food and beverage, and have fun with communicating tasting experiences?
- Are you curious about creating latte art, and have been hoping for a chance behind a high-end espresso machine?
- Do you have a photo folder filled with snaps of your favorite cafes, drinks and snacks?
We’re looking to add a few caring and motivated humans to our small team of coffee fans and our woman-owned business. If the above resonates with you, we'd love to hear from you!
This position is an integral part of our retail and front of the house team. You will be responsible for creating a memorable experience every time a customer walks through our door. By crafting delicious coffee beverages, speaking knowledgeably about our coffee offerings and brew equipment, you will be an extension of our brand. You will learn about the specialty coffee industry and grow along with our team of dedicated and passionate coffee professionals.
A Month in the Life of....
- Prepares highest quality, consistent coffee beverages, following specialty coffee and coffee program standards
- Provides thoughtful customer service and impactful experiences to guests
- Shares knowledge of coffee and coffee products with customers; describes profiles of coffee and espresso offerings to customers
- Develops knowledge about specialty coffee standards and participates in ongoing trainings
- Works closely with team to implement and maintain efficient workflows
- Monitors and updates coffee brewing recipes
- Implements coffee brewing equipment and coffee bar cleaning protocols
- Operates and calibrates coffee and espresso equipment to achieve consistent high quality results
- Works with team on monitoring coffee inventory/ manages coffee inventory
- Creates and maintains attractive displays of retail coffee and equipment offerings
- Continually develops in-depth knowledge of retail offerings and assists customers in selecting the product that best suits their needs
Brand Stewardship & Communications
- Creates social media content
- Contributes to overall content development and marketing efforts
- Participates in collaborations, events, and community building efforts within the Burlington community
- Assists in representing and promoting the Brio brand through social media content creation
- Participates in creating an inclusive environment where all feel welcome and engage with the community we serve with kindness, professionalism, and grace
We'd love to hear from people that have....
- Prior experience in specialty coffee, specialty beverage, retail, or hospitality
- Basic coffee equipment knowledge
- Familiarity with specialty coffee industry, SCA standards in coffee and espresso preparation
- Understanding of espresso fundamentals (such as extraction, dosage) and how variables impact flavor
- Familiarity with coffee and espresso equipment - experience with basic troubleshooting, understanding how to calibrate and maintain equipment
- Eye for identifying efficient workflows
- Ability to taste and describe coffee and espresso offerings to customers
- Ability to think quickly and be a problem solver
- Ability to effectively engage with customers
- Keen sense of customer service and hospitality; ability to create memorable moments for customers
- Exceptional communication and listening skills
- Excitement to learn
- Ability to be flexible
- Approach work with a positive attitude
- Attention to detail and ability to follow through
- Strong work ethic
- Be a self starter
- Ability to work efficiently as part of a team
- Knowledge and passion for coffee and specialty beverages
- Ability to be on your feet for extended periods of time
- Valid u.s. drivers license and good driving record (some driving of company vehicle may be required).
Position Type and Compensation
Type: Full-time or part-time
Schedule: Monday - Sunday; shifts and schedule to be worked out with manager.
Location: Burlington, VT
Benefits: Health insurance benefits/allowance, paid time off, potential for profit sharing bonuses, coffee and employee equipment discounts, company supported professional development.
Ready to Apply?
Submit your application through Indeed via this LINK. Brio celebrates the diversity of the human experience and we value a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strongly encourage women, BIPOC, LGBTQIA individuals, and foreign-born residents to apply.
Thank you, we look forward to learning more about you!
back to main Jobs page