Job Opportunities - Barista
We're hiring - Barista!
Do you love talking with people and making their day? Are you curious and eager to learn how to clearly describe the flavor of that perfect pour-over? Do you love being part of a team but are also excited to work independently and take ownership of your day? Can you hustle with a smile on your face, kindness and grace?
We’re looking to add a few caring and motivated humans to our small team of coffee fans and our woman-owned business. If the above resonates with you, we'd love to hear from you!
This position is an integral part of our retail and front of the house team. You will be responsible for creating a memorable experience every time a customer walks through our door. By crafting delicious coffee beverages, speaking knowledgeably about our coffee offerings and brew equipment, you will be an extension of our brand. You will learn about the specialty coffee industry and grow along with our team of dedicated and passionate coffee professionals.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Prepare highest quality, consistent coffee beverages, following specialty coffee and coffee program standards
- Provide thoughtful customer service and impactful experiences to guests
- Share knowledge of coffee and coffee products with customers; describe profiles of coffee and espresso offerings to customers
- Develop knowledge about specialty coffee standards and participate in ongoing trainings
- Work closely with team to implement and maintain efficient workflows
- Monitor and update coffee brewing recipes
- Implement coffee brewing equipment and coffee bar cleaning protocols
- Operate and calibrate coffee and espresso equipment to achieve consistent high quality results
- Work with team on monitoring coffee inventory/ manage coffee inventory
- Create and maintain attractive displays of retail coffee and equipment offerings
- Continually develop in-depth knowledge of retail offerings and assist customers in selecting the product that best suits their needs
- Participate in collaborations, events, and community building efforts within the Burlington community
- Assist in representing and promoting Brio's brand through social media content creation
- Participate in creating an inclusive environment where all feel welcome and engage with the community we serve with kindness, professionalism, and grace.
Skills and Experience
- Prior experience in specialty coffee, specialty beverage, retail, or hospitality
- Basic coffee equipment knowledge
- Familiarity with specialty coffee industry, SCA standards in coffee and espresso preparation
- Understanding of espresso fundamentals (such as extraction, dosage) and how variables impact flavor
- Familiarity with coffee and espresso equipment - experience with basic troubleshooting, understanding how to calibrate and maintain equipment
- Eye for identifying efficient workflows
- Ability to taste and describe coffee and espresso offerings to customers
- Ability to think quickly and be a problem solver
- Ability to effectively engage with customers
- Keen sense of customer service and hospitality; ability to create memorable moments for customers
- Exceptional communication and listening skills
- Excitement to learn
- Ability to be flexible
- Approach work with a positive attitude
- Attention to detail and ability to follow through
- Strong work ethic and a self starter
- Ability to work efficiently as part of a team
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge and passion for coffee and specialty beverages
- Ability to be on your feet for extended periods of time
No experience making coffee? No worries! We’re looking for people with the right attitude and approach and are happy to educate and train the right candidate.
Position Type and Compensation:
Type: Part-time and full-time
Schedule: Day shifts, ability to work weekends
Pay: $17/ hour
Benefits: Health insurance benefits, paid time off, potential for profit sharing bonuses, coffee and employee equipment discounts.
At Brio, we value a diverse, inclusive workplace and we strongly encourage women, BIPOC, LGBTQIA individuals, and foreign-born residents to apply.
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.