Retail Associate/Guest Services (part-time)
- Are you an outgoing conversationalist that becomes energized by social interaction?
- Do you have a passion for local food and beverage, and have fun with communicating tasting experiences?
- Are you curious about creating latte art, and have been hoping for a chance behind a high-end espresso machine?
- Do you have a photo folder filled with snaps of your favorite cafes, drinks and snacks?
We’re looking to add a caring and motivated human to our small team of coffee fans and our woman-owned business. If the above resonates with you, we'd love to hear from you!
This position is an integral part of our retail and front of the house team. You will be responsible for creating a memorable experience every time a customer walks through our door. By conducting transactions, providing customer service and speaking knowledgeably about our coffee offerings and brew equipment, you will be an extension of our brand. You will learn about the specialty coffee industry and grow along with our team of dedicated and passionate coffee professionals. Retail Associate/Guest Services will have the opportunity to complete Barista training.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Assists Barista in preparation of coffee program beverages.
- Provides thoughtful customer service and impactful experiences to guests
- Shares knowledge of coffee and coffee products with customers; describes profiles of coffee and espresso offerings to customers
- Develops knowledge about specialty coffee standards and participates in ongoing trainings to gain Barista experience
- Works closely with team to implement and maintain efficient workflows
- Monitors and updates coffee brewing recipes
- Implements coffee brewing equipment and coffee bar cleaning protocols
- Works with team on monitoring coffee inventory/ manages coffee inventory
- Works with team to monitor dry goods inventory
- Maintains attractive and clean cafe environment
- Creates and maintains attractive displays of retail coffee and equipment offerings
- Continually develops in-depth knowledge of retail offerings and assists customers in selecting the product that best suits their needs
- Conducts accurate Point of Sale transactions
- Experience in Shopify, or Square and knowledge of Apple products preferred
- Restocks retail floor throughout the day
- Monitors retail inventory
- Opens and closes the retail floor during operating hours
Brand Stewardship and Communications
- Participates in collaborations, events, and community building efforts within the Burlington community
- Participates in creating an inclusive environment where all feel welcome and engage with the community we serve with kindness, professionalism, and grace
Skills and Experience
- Prior experience in retail, specialty food and beverage or hospitality
- Experience with Shopify or Square Point of Sale technology
- Cash handling experience
- Basic coffee equipment knowledge
- Familiarity with specialty coffee, basic preparation knowledge
- Eye for identifying efficient workflows
- Ability to taste and describe coffee and espresso offerings to customers
- Ability to think quickly and be a problem solver
- Ability to effectively engage with customers
- Keen sense of customer service and hospitality; ability to create memorable moments for customers
- Exceptional communication and listening skills
- Excitement to learn
- Approach work with a positive attitude
- Attention to detail and ability to follow through
- Be a self starter
- Ability to work efficiently as part of a team
- Knowledge and passion for coffee and specialty beverages
- Ability to be on your feet for extended periods of time
- Valid u.s. drivers license and good driving record (some driving of company vehicle may be required).
At Brio, we value a diverse, inclusive workplace and we strongly encourage women, BIPOC, LGBTQIA individuals, and foreign-born residents to apply.
Position Type and Compensation:
Type: Part-time; 16-22 hours per week with opportunities to cover additional shifts as needed
Schedule: Day shifts, Monday - Sunday shifts
Pay: $17/ hour (we are tip free - read more about it on our Jobs page)
Benefits: Based on hours worked, potential for health insurance benefits or allowance, paid time off, profit sharing bonuses, coffee and employee equipment discounts.